Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cassie's story!

In summer of 2008, I (Cassie) was sitting in my livingroom with some friends and my new roommate Carli Gadd. I had known Carli for about a year, and we had finally gotten her to agree to move in with us. I was distractedly messing around on my computer until a few carefully chosen key words tickled my ears: brother, rock climbing, and hiking.

"You have a brother?" I asked. She proceeded to tell me everything she could think of to explain and describe Mike. I asked her a million questions. I liked what I heard, so I told her I hoped she wouldn't mind if I married him. We even jokingly referred to him as my "pretend boyfriend."

Mike ended up moving a few miles away, and the rest is history. 

We were officially engaged on November 29. We had been to dinner with his extended family at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We were walking around admiring the lights. When Mike's grandparents, parents, and siblings left to go home, Mike asked me if I wanted to stay longer. He had told me earlier that he was going to try to throw me off with several pretend proposals. Since he had yet to be successful at throwing me off course, I thought I was in for a trick for sure. He hugged me and asked what I was thinking about. I told him, "I'm thinking this is a decoy." That's when he got on one knee and asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment